Trainee Infrastructure Miner – Mining Industry
Location – Boulby, North Yorkshire
“This is an exciting opportunity for a cohort of Trainee Infrastructure Miners to embark on a structured ‘on the job’ Training & Development programme in collaboration with AmcoGiffen and ICL Boulby”
AmcoGiffen are working in collaboration with ICL Boulby, to recruit, train and develop a cohort of Trainee Infrastructure Miners which is a project designed to engage and develop prospective talent for the future of ICL Boulby.
ICL Boulby is the largest employer in the East Cleveland and the North York Moors National Park and will continue to be part of the region’s economic and social landscape for decades to come. The only Polyhalite mineral in the world is mined ICL Boulby. ICL Boulby have ambitious plans for the future which requires the future generation of Infrastructure Miners and this programme is designed to develop and train talent for the future of the mine.
AmcoGiffen are a renowned, specialist engineering contractor working throughout a range of specialist industries, throughout the UK. AmcoGiffen have a collaborative relationship with our client ICL Boulby and are contracted to provide engineering maintenance, repairs and refurbishment of specialist assets and infrastructure at Boulby mine.
This collaboration and partnership has been extended and designed to develop a pipeline of future Infrastructure Mining talent from diverse social and economic backgrounds and providing employment, training and development opportunities in the local community.
As a Trainee Infrastructure Miner employed by AmcoGiffen, you will receive on the job training and associated competence upskilling to progress your career as an Infrastructure Miner directly from our colleagues at ICL Boulby.
Throughout your training you will be mentored to develop skills and experience in order to carry out associated tasks of the role as a competent Infrastructure Miner with day to day responsibilities including but not limited to:
● Ensure appropriate tools and equipment are correctly used at all times.
● Participate in risk assessments, method statements, and pre-shift forms.
● Carry out pre-start checks on equipment.
● Complete all work to required standards.
● Contribute, where applicable, to the development of ideas and improvements by discussion with appropriate Line/Technical Manager.
● Work within a team to ensure planned objectives are met safely.
● Follow instructions of supervisors and management.
● Take responsibility for the correct training of other team members as required.
● Ensure they have the skills and knowledge to work safely and effectively.
● Participate in discussions with supervisor and team on safety issues and infrastructure requirements.
● Plan their own work to ensure it is carried out in a safe and effective manner.
● Making informed decisions associated with hazard identification and risk management to ensure operational safety.
On the job training and certification will be provided in the following core areas:
● ICL UK standards in operation of required machinery/equipment/processes
● Hazard indentification / management and Risk Assessment
● IOSH Working Safely
● Effective Communication Skills
• This opportunity is open to any candidate residing in a 30 mile radius of ICL Boulby mine in Saltburn-by-the-Sea, Cleveland (TS13 4UZ).
• To excel in this role it may be beneficial to have some knowledge and experience working in building/construction trades or heavy industry with a comprehension for Health & Safety and hazardous environments.
• Training will be provided as previously highlighted, to enable structured development of key skills and competence in the role but you must be able demonstrate ‘team player’ characteristics in order to excel in this Trainee role and advance your career as an Infrastructure Miner.
You will be employed by AmcoGiffen throughout your Training and Development with opportunities to progress to permanent employment within ICL Boulby upon successful completion of the training plan. You will be joining a reputable and firmly established, engineering contractor operating nationally in rail, civils and engineering markets. AmcoGiffen are renowned in the market as a specialist civil, building, mechanical and electrical renewals and maintenance business with ongoing and successful projects and frameworks across the country, you will become part of our expert outfit.
• Competitive basic salary / rates of pay
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Life assurance
• Westfield Health Cash Plan
AmcoGiffen and ICL are Equal Opportunities Employers and we offer challenging and worthwhile careers to everyone. It doesn’t matter to us what your age, disability, employment status, gender, health, marital status, sexual preference, membership or non-membership of a trade union, nationality, race, religion or social class are, or indeed any other personal characteristics not directly related to the relevant job. Anyone who meets the requirements of the job is eligible for employment.
If you think you have what it takes to join the AmcoGiffen/ICL team, apply now!
Please contact [email protected] for more information.